One of the most well known features of Tetsuya’s is the Truffle Butter served at the beginning of the degustation. By popular demand, Tetsuya developed his Black Truffle Salsa (For Butter) with one of the most reputable Italian truffle companies, for guests to recreate the butter at home – you can try either of the two recipes below. Tetsuya’s Black Truffle Salsa can also be tossed through pasta, or a teaspoon stirred into scrambled eggs for a decadent breakfast.
Truffle Butter Recipes
Tetsuya’s Truffle Butter
40g Tetsuya’s Black Truffle Salsa,
160g unsalted butter (softened)
25g parmesan cheese (finely grated)
1. Mix together Truffle Salsa, softened butter and grated parmesan until well combined.
2. Taste and add a little more Truffle Salsa if you require a stronger flavour.
3. Spoon into a butter dish, cover and refrigerate. It can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Tetsuya’s Truffle Butter with Ricotta
100g unsalted butter (room temperature)
90g ricotta cheese
18g Tetsuya’s Black Truffle Salsa
8g grated parmesan cheese
1. Whip the butter in an electric mixer (If Kitchen Aid, use the paddle attachment on speed 4). It will take around 5-8 mins until the butter is light and fluffy.
2. Turn the speed down (If Kitchen Aid down to 2), and slowly add the ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese.
3. When all is combined add the truffle salsa and salt.
4. Keep in room temperature before serving.
Tetsuya’s Black Truffle Salsa can be purchased here.Tweet