Vinaigrette for Salads
Dress any style of salad leaves or steamed vegetables.
Lightly coat chicken, lamb or fish before barbequeing or grilling.
Drizzle over a simple tomato or roast chicken salad.
Grilled Yellowtail with Fennel & Radicchio, dressed with Tetsuya's Vinaigrette for Salads
- Serves 4
- 4 small yellowtail fillets, pin boned
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- 1 tsp tomato powder, (1 pinch for each fillet)*
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 small head radicchio, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
Tetsuya's Vinaigrette for Salads
- Brush the yellowtail fillets with a little olive oil and season the skin side with salt and pepper.
- Place the fillets skin side down onto a hot grill plate and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with tomato powder and turn fillets over.
- Cook for 5-10 seconds only and remove from the heat.
- Toss the fennel and radicchio in a little olive oil and lemon juice.
- To serve, place the sliced fennel and radicchio on serving plates and top with yellowtail fillets.
- Drizzle with a little Tetsuya's Vinaigrette for Salads and serve immediately.
This Salad Vinaigrette developed by master chef Tetsuya Wakuda is a harmonious blend of eastern and western ingredients. The skillful mix of traditional Japanese and Italian produces has transformed Salad Vinaigrette into a gourmet star and a pleasure for the palate. Scores of patrons at chef Wakuda Restaurant in Sydney “TETSUYA’S” have been mesmerized by the delicate and unique taste of this dressing.
It was the constant demand from diners that prompted Chef Wakuda to create this vinaigrette for the retail market. Meticulously using exactly the same ingredients, this product was first launched on the 25th Aug. 2003 for the official opening of the new David Jones Food Hall in Sydney Market Street. This and all of Tetsuya’s product range can be purchased exclusively throughout David Jones Australia wide, and selected gourmet stores.